"When you run 2000m in total with an injured right leg, you create a whole new meaning of pain.. *wince*"
Thats what I wrote on Facebook just now... and yeah, truthfully, it does hurt. But hey, as they say.. "No Pain, No Gain"
The day started out quite uneventful. I tossed right and left on my bed. My body was reluctant to get off of the comfy mattress. However, it soon came to a point where I got too bored lying down and finally, I stood up. It was about 9am in the morning. I washed up and got ready. 45 minutes later, I left the house for school.
There, I met up with Mr Izzad, Bukhari, Helmi and Abdul Rahman Rahim. We planned to do our english project with the use of Mr Izzad's camera. Fierdaos couldnt join us since he had some work to do. Nevermind.. Zulfaqar joined us anyway so it was fine.
We filmed our shots at the canteen and the places near it. There was lots of laughter, mainly thanks to Abdul Rahman. Haha, it was fun.
We performed our Friday prayers at Muhajirin Mosque. I met with Abdul Aziz, Luqman Hakim and Luqman Nur. When the sermon and prayers had ended, I saw the 3 of them with Haziq, Muhammad and Azhar. They invited me to play basketball with them but I declined the offer since I did have some stuff to do.
So, when we were done, we all left for Yio Chu Kang Stadium excluding Helmi who went home and Mr Izzad, who rode his motorbike.
We arrived at the stadium, where we saw lots of guys and girls training. We changed into our sports wear and did a couple of stretches before hitting the track and doing 2 rounds of warm-up. My right leg started to hurt a bit but I ignored it. Then, we had to do 3 sets of 200m. By the 2nd set, the aching in my leg intensified. Mr Muneer let me rest and later, we all did our 'Asr prayers. My thigh burned as I moved but I bit back the pain.
Next, we all had to do 2 sets of 400m. I braved myself and got 2nd position for both rounds. But that didnt matter because my leg was protesting violently. I couldnt walk properly. So, Danish and I went to the changing room and rested in there. Bukhari, Abdul Rahman and Zulfaqar joined us a while later.
I left first in case the teachers caught us only to come back to hear the start of another exercise. I felt like crying but it was ok. Danish and I were somehow excused cause we were both injured. Soon, it started to rain heavily so training finally ended. Danish, Bukhari, Zulfaqar, Abdul Rahman and I showered in the toilets and got changed. Haha, and when I was wearing my jeans, Thalhah, Shafwan and Shaquille stared at me sympathetically cause I was having a hard time raising my leg. When I came back, Zubaidah and Syuhada asked if I was ok. I nodded curtly, wincing as I got up the steps.
The 5 of us (Bukhari, Danish, Abdul Rahman, Zulfaqar and I) went home with Farid. Danish and Farid supported me while walking to the MRT station cause I wasnt coping very well alone. Thanks, guys..
I arrived home at about 8pm in the evening.. tired and just planning to rest.
Wassalam..
No comments:
Post a Comment