"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Maulud @ Irsyad

One word.. AWESOME!!!
The 3-day sleep-over at school was the best thing ever! Friday to Sunday.. and lemme tell you, I enjoyed it.. :D

Day #1 (Friday) :

School on Friday whizzed past like a breeze. Im not saying it was easy-going but it seemed to go by very quickly considering the fact that we had no classes at all on that day. Starting from 9:30 in the morning, all of S4 Andalus gathered in class and practised for our 'Nasyeed & Poetry' performance on Sunday. The rehearsal wasnt so bad but repeating the lines over and over and over again made me a bit grouchy at some point. But overall, team effort was superb!

School ended and so lots of students scrambled home. Some of the students, including me, stayed back at school cause we brought our stuff with us. Whilst passing the time, Bukhari, Abdul Rahman Rahim, Farid, Ali, Mr Izzad, Danish and I went to McDonalds to have lunch together. There, we saw some girls from Madrasah Al-Arabiah but we didnt recognise any one of them. So.. back to school.

Most of the boys present got to work, cleaning the many pots being loaded in. We scraped the rust off the pots and also stains from laddles and pans. It was great fun and we got wet in the process. Our main task that day was mostly carrying stuff and cleaning them. There was one time when we had to transport the chairs stacked to a different spot. The indian workers were SO strong!!! One of them could carry about 15+ chairs on his shoulders like it was a bag of rice. I was stunned. I could only manage with 10 at the most, considering my weaknesses. But it was all fun throughout the moving process.

I left for home after Maghrib prayers and got my bag ready cause I was sleeping over at school. My parents insisted I have some dinner with them and so I did. 15 satay sticks was all it took to make me bloated. Washed up and bade them goodbye.

I reached school at about 9:30 at night. In total, only 8 guys slept at school, including me. All of them were S4 boys. I spent my evening on the phone, having a short chat with Shaakira and then later, helping Shazaa with her poetry. It was quite nice since the school was so serene and quiet, minus the other guys chasing each other and fooling around. Unfortunately, my battery died and so the conversations ended. I made a bed out of chairs and turned off half of the air-conditioners in Multi-Purpose Room 3 before going to sleep. Yeah, I was the first to sleep.

Day #2 (Saturday) :

Woke up and started work, beginning with the re-cleaning of some pots cause they accumulated some dust the night before. Later, I helped clean the containers for the Nasi Briyani itself. Later, I helped fry and pack the chopped onions. It was quite hot but nevertheless, I enjoyed it. About an hour after the whole onion business, my right eye started to get itchy and it stung. Somehow, I got sore eyes from the heat and the lingering air of onions.

So, I took some time off to recover while at the same time, help Mr Izzad take pictures while he was busy cutting vegetables. Soon after, I just hung out at the canteen till my eye got better. There, I took some photos with Zubaidah and talked with Azlynn while Amirah was around, taking pictures. Then, Luqman from S2 interviewed me for the Journalism Club which was like.. hahaha!

Big thanks to Shazaa for treating me to a stick of Rainbow Peak Ice-Cream. It really made my day! Right after that, I had to help fry the onions again.. but I was feeling much better after getting the ice-cream. Unfortunately, reality caught up and a few drops of boiling oil was all it took to wake me up.

Then, most of the boys were given instructions to stir pots at many different areas. I got a nice spot at the first row and began stirring. I kept on holding to the laddle and moved it here and there, stirring the contents repeatedly and in a pattern. 2 hours passed without any substitutes and my arms were still going strong. Somehow, the sores in my muscles were numb because of all the other things I was thinking about. Passed my duty to Ustd Ruzi and went to the mosque where I led the second ma'mum in their Maghrib prayers.

After that, I the void deck and elsewhere and then finally returned to the field for stirring duties.
Met Abdul Aziz and also some other friends like Faiz and Zaid. Oh, and Farid was so cute when he was eating his curry puffs while wearing his coat. Haha, I was like 'Awww!'

Later, I went back up to MPR3 and got to bed, waking up a few hours later. 3:37am, to be exact. It was so cold that I slept outside at the corridors. You know the metal bars that extend up the school, where the clock hangs? There's a place where people like to lean when they stand at the bars.. yeah, thats where I slept. I drifted into dreamland in a matter of minutes...

Day #3 (Sunday) :

Farid woke me up and quickly, I got dressed and went for my morning prayers at the mosque. After that, the remaining guys doing morning shifts helped carry more chairs and tables. When that was done, Mr Izzad and I took photos of people working.

Had two loaves of bread for breakfast and then just stayed at the void deck until further instructions were given. S4Andalus had some time to prepare for the performance behind the Theatrette with Cikgu Iskandar. We were quite good.
When we did sing in front of the crowd, we made some mistakes but it was fine. And who cars anyway?

I heard Shazaa and Afiqah read their poems. I was recording their moment when suddenly, my phone malfunctioned and the recorded data was lost. Hahaha! What a time to be making errors!
Syuhada and her friends sat right in front of the stage and cheered for the 2 of them. I joined in and smiled as they read their verses.

For the rest of the day, I walked around the school. Oh, and thanks to Muhammad for treating me to Chocolate Ice-Cream with wafer biscuits! I'll treat you and Shazaa the next time.

I helped clean up the easier stuff.. like chairs and tables. The Bangladeshi men were the veterans. They cooked, carried, cleaned and packed everything. I salute them. Eerr.. and man, someone pissed me off but I kept my cool. I just kept silent when that certain person.

Anyway, I hung out at the canteen and then took a shower and afterwards, performed my 'Asr prayers with Farid, Bukhari and Abdul Rahman Rahim. Then, we went to Junction 8, excluding Farid who had to go home. We searched the gift shops at the 4th storey to help Bukhari find something for a friend. I was shaking slightly since I hadnt had a real meal since the last two days. I left them after receiving a call from my mother.

So thats pretty much. Its a kind of a summary since I did do some other stuff but I wont bother with the intricate details. Hopefully, we'll have a Maulud next year at Irsyad. And then, I'll have my own camera to takes pictures with, Insya Allah.

Wassalam..

No comments: