I met Luqman Nur and Haziq at Ang Mo Kio MRT station. We took the train all the way to Jurong East cause we had a science excursion today at Snow City and the Science Centre. There, we met with more people such as Muhammad, Helmi and a heck of a lot of Irsyadian girls.
Without further delay, we all walked to Snow City.
We rested at the lobby while we waited for the others. I brought my only working camera left. Its used only as a last resort. However, I frowned as the news was passed on. No photography in the Snow City compound. Tsk..
All of us were led to a classroom where the instructor, Mr Subash (Is that his name?) taught us how to make ice-cream using liquid nitrogen. It was really cool. We were all separated into groups and we chose our preference of flavours. The guys chose chocolate. The girls had 2 groups. One of them picked a mixture of chocolate and vanilla and the other group chocolate and strawberry. In the end, I got to taste all 3 ice-creams. It was delicious!
After that, we got suited up to enter the place known as 'Snow City'. Everyone wore a jacket, a pair of gloves and a pair of boots. Even with all that covering, when we entered the compound, it was freezing cold! My first step into the area resulted in a slip.. *smacks head*
The place wasnt really big. In fact, it was a lot smaller than I expected. Should've been named the 'Snow Building' cause hey.. its not even 1/10 of a city. The best part was the huge slide. We went in groups and slided down holding on to each other. One time, we were going so fast and my buoy slipped from underneath me. Hahaha, my butt tasted ice.. and it hurt!
By the end of it, nearly everyone had red noses. We left the place and went to eat. The guys ate at IMM. We broke into groups and ate at different places. And lemme tell you, the food there is expensive. I saw a menu that said a plain prata cost $1.80!!! Thats just outrageous!
Well anyway, after lunch, we did our Zuhr prayers at a specific place. It was quite cosy and Im glad it was there. I salute the people who prepared the place.
We returned to the Science Centre and to my surprise, we had a class with a guy named Mr Yong. I was like.. "Err.. are we gonna study?"
Luckily, we didnt. However, we did do groupwork on how to build a shield for a spacecraft. We had to come up with group names and my group picked Perseus V1.. after my blog name. Haha, many of the girls looked at me when they saw the word 'Perseus'. I guess my blog isnt so secretive.. XDD
At this point, I started to get cranky. Practical groupwork in science class usually make me cranky and bitter.. I dunno why. The class was quite entertaining but I wasnt in such a great mood. I went home with Farid and Bukhari. Arrived home at about 6:30pm.. Mhmm, it was okay..
Wassalam..
At the Snow City lobby..
Astro Boy Group's model (lasted 3:23min)
Group 'Astro Boy'..
Group 'Perseus V1' including me too.. :D
Group 'Perseus V1' 2nd model.. (lasted 1:22min)
No comments:
Post a Comment