"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mountain Climbing

Im the mountain climber.. And these past two days are the mountains that I face. I felt bleak at the start, wondering how I could get to the top. However, as I got higher and higher up, things started to look up and I felt greater than ever. And today, I have reached the top! *Now how do I get back down?*

Frankly speaking, it didnt start out quite well. On Friday, I started out bitter and moody. I couldnt shake off the negativity out of me.. it was like I was being consumed by those feelings. I memorised for my Tafsir, even though my Maths paper was due to start first.
I was at the peak of sorrow during recess, when the most unreasonable sight greeted my eyes. The moment my mind processed the reality of what I was seeing, jealousy coursed through my veins. I looked away and decided it better to leave and study elsewhere.
The Maths paper was quite easy. Alhamdulillah, it was smooth sailing for most of the questions. At the end of the paper, I just relaxed my mind. The memory of what happened during recess lingered in my mind but I discarded those trivial thoughts.

Tafsir papers started an hour later. Im a bit confident of scoring high marks for it since some of the answers were from previous worksheets and I forgot about them. Anyway, I tried my best and that's all that matters. A short Contact Time afterwards and then, we all went for our Friday prayers.

After school, Muhammad and I, along with Umar, Asyraf and Abdul Rahman Abd Aziz met up with Abdul Aziz and we went to Long John Silver at Junction 8. Had a lot of fun talking and eating and fooling around. Asyraf left cause he wasnt going to the Mukhayyam. Abdul Aziz followed us back to school were we played sepak takraw with a soccer ball (Haha!)
We prayed 'Asr prayers afterwards.. :D

When the clock showed a little more than half an hour left till the start of Mukhayyam, Abdul Aziz left and we all showered and got changed. Registered and surrendered our phones (Boo..) and all of got assigned with our own duties. My group had to get the sleeping area ready. This position proved to be a silver lining to the whole day.

Everyone performed their Maghrib prayers and then met up at Multi-Purpose Room 3 for the Munajat session. Ustd Salehin conducted it and it was very enlightening. He told us of Rasulullah s.a.w. and his life, and how he cherished his Ummah.. which is us. Lots of people shed tears, including me. (La Hayaa'u fiddeen)
We all did our Isya' prayers in the MPR3 and then, Ustd Mustaqim signalled for my group to start getting the mats. Firstly, he told us to take our bags. Feeling carefree, I strut my way into the canteen and saw Mr Izzad teaching some girls. I didnt know who it was at first. When I went to shake Mr Izzad's hand, I saw that it was Shaakira, Farhanah and Aza. My eyes widened.. "What are they doing here?"
Before I had time to think, Ustd Mustaqim called me. The other guys were in the lift, waiting for me. Shaakira shouted to me, something about Mr Izzad bullying her and I was like.. "Ok.."
Got the sleeping mats. Together with Abdur Rahman Yassin, Abdul Rahman Abd Aziz, Adam and Usaid, and also me and Ustd Mustaqim, we stuffed the mats into the lift and ascended 5 storeys.

Sleeping time came and I was a bit sore but not that tired. I slept in between Abdul Rahman Abd Rahim and Muhammad. At first, I started to have a runny nose cause of the air-conditioning. Blanked out after 20 minutes or so and woke up at around 12 in the morning, freezing cold. Muhammad leaned on me and I had to stay soas not to disturb him in his sleep. Umar entered the MPR3 and I asked him where he went. He beckoned me to follow him outside and I saw Ruzaini, Luqman Nur, Abdur Rahman Yassin, Adam and Abdul Rahman Abd Aziz outside. The moment the warm air engulfed me, I laid down on the ground. It was so nice. Ustd Mustaqim arrived upstairs from who knows where and promised to raise the temperature of we entered the MPR3. Reluctantly, I got in. I kept moving around and around and when I woke up, I was at a totally different place in a different sleeping position. Got ready for prayers and all and did our Tahajjud and Subuh prayers.

Fastforward a few hours, most of the S4's had already gone home. At the void deck, I played badminton and also with Mr Izzad's Ripstiks. It was an enjoyable atmosphere. We played till about 11 plus and then, Bukhari, Abdul Rahman Abd Rahim and I went to the canteen to study...

Turns out we didnt study at all. Sis Hanisah 'Aliah came by and we talked about Al-Junied and the teachers there. Since I planned to go there, I wanted to know it was there. When she mentioned all the cons, I was having doubts. But then, she insisted that I join anyway cause the school was good. Haha, riiiiggghhtt... It was so nice having to get to talk to Sis Hanisah again.
Back home, I slept for 3 hours. When I woke up, I was like.. "whoa"
Chatted with a couple of people online and hope this entry isnt too much. Well okay, maybe it IS too much..
The Psychic.. signing out
Wassalam..

Wish I had my digital cameras.. so portable and easy to take pictures with.. Sigh..

No comments: