"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Friday, June 11, 2010

Goin With The Flow

It comes again this day, this blessed day.. when plans are unclear and anything can happen. Today, it seemed as if it was clearly going to be uneventful. However, things worked.. as always.

As usual, I got ready to go for my Friday prayers. I bade goodbye to all my family members and went off. The bus didnt take too long to arrive and so I enjoyed a calm ride to the mosque. When I did arrive at the mosque, I did my sunnah prayers and listened to the sermon.

Afterwards, I met up with Haziq who was so eager to watch a movie, namely 'Karate Kid'. I didnt have much hope as the whole crew wasnt there. Aziz had CCA programmes at school. Luqman Nur was.. I dont know, gone. And Luqman Hakim had to go home. So at that time, it was Haziq and I.

Then, we saw Mr Izzad and we invited him to watch the movie with us. Remembering athletics training at 5, he declined the offer. Instead, he went to take his skateboards and waveboards to play at the void deck. Meanwhile, Haziq went into the toilet to do whatever business he needed to do..

So anyway, the netball girls openly CHALLENGED me to come to the court. Not backing away from it, I gladfully walked into the court. So here it was.. I had to contend with Faiqah to see who could score the most "goals" (Or whatever its called..) within 5 shots. Hehe, being the speedy basketballer I am, I was quite rigid since there was no board behind the hoop.

We didnt manage to finish the challenge. Mdm Faizah saw me and called me, asking me for wha reason I was playing with the girls. I was glad to explain my reasons, though inwardly regretting what I did.. Cause you know, it could probably tarnish my good image. But hey, Mdm Faizah wasnt too mad at me. In fact, I was off the hook..

Mr Izzad arrived moments later and I played like a happy child. But then, it got to this moment when I was riding on his Ripstik Air and I fell.. wrist first. Gosh.. the pain was blinding. I didnt get up at all. Sure enough, Mr Izzad was there to check on me. We got some ice and for the next half hour, I let the cold ice do whatever its supposed to do. And yet, when Haziq and I left, it still hurt..

At about 3:30pm, Haziq and I arrived at Eng Wah Cinemas at Toa Payoh. We bought the tickets to 'Karate Kid' and excitedly got inside. Lemme tell you, the movie was awesome. The film toyed around with my emotions. At times, I'd be so touched and others, in awe.. and sometimes, just plain old angry. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it an 8..

I bade goodbye to Haziq and chased for my bus, alighting at Muhajirin Mosque once again. After performing my 'Asr prayers, I went back home, still cringing from my injured wrist. Once, I got home, I asked my Mum to massage my wrists which she did.. And boy, did it hurt!

Night time came and I watched 'Prince of Persia' on my computer. For tomorrow, I might be going out to buy some stuff for Father's Day. So yeah.. Hope my wrist gets better because gosh.. it REALLY hurts!!!

Oh and hey! I made a new friend today! Well, not really a new friend but at the least, made contact with Shifa (Sharifah Nabilah). Hehe, welcome into my life! May our friendship prosper and shine out.. We'll see

No comments: