"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cartoon Craze

Lately my dreams have been short. But last night, I had a dream I was able to remember. And, it's very weird.
Know the cartoon series 'Avatar' and Jackie Chan'? Well, I was in a dream where I was amongst the cartoon characters.
It was dark. I was standing in a huge room, alongside with Jade and Uncle. We had the magical potion to extract talismans from the body of Shendu, who by the way, is lying down, sleeping in front of us. Instinctively, I drove my hands into the beast's back, along with Jade and Uncle. This caused Shendu to wake up in fury. I extracted the Dragon Talisman and the Snake Talisman. Uncle got the Dog and Rooster Talisman whereas Jade got the Ox and Horse Talisman. We ran as fast as we could from Shendu. He was mad, I could tell. But a mis-step caused me to fall down. Shendu took this opportunity and threw me out of window. I stared down at jagged rocks and huge boulders on the ground, hundreds of kilometres below me. But I didn't fall. Uncle carried me and Jade to a nearby valley. There, using the Horse Talisman, we turned Aang, Katara, Souka, Zuko and Toph, who had been turned into stone by Shendu. Just as we healed them, Shendu arrived. I sent him a barrage of fireballs, all dodged easily by Shendu. He dashed at me with lightning speed and punched me straight in the face. I accidentally let go off the Dragon Talisman. Jade tried to get to it but Shendu whizzed in front of her and blasted her. Uncle rescued Jade and flew away, along with Group Avatar. It was between me and Shendu.
He sent five flaming projectiles at me. With graceful elegance, I dodged the projectiles. Fear coarsed in my body. I ran and jumped... and delivered a final flying kick. Shendu fell back. I had won. I collapsed and woke up, moved by my inner battle fought within my sleep...

No comments: