Being spontaneous is fun. In fact, today seemed to be a a gloomy day cause I already felt terrible the moment I woke up. But then, that's where having friends living close to you help easen the situation.
Calling up Aziz, Luqman Nur ans Haziq, we agreed to met up at the usual court behind Aziz's house to play basketball. I was fired up, knowing that at least I wouldnt be rotting at home, alone. I told Mama I was leaving the house and also grabbed my maths textbook, for studying purposes.
I stumbled upon Luqman Nur at Cheers. Together, we met Aziz at the court. Haziq was supposedly late so we started playing. Perhaps it wasnt such a good idea cause it was mid-day when we played. Nevertheless, we continued playing. We practised our shots and stuff like that..
Haziq arrived with Istighfar tagging along. They were going for LAN Gaming later on so he brought a friend along. We decided to have a match, 3 on 2. I opted to leave Luqman Nur and Aziz in one group and the rest in the other cause they were good.
However, we decided using 'Osom' technique. I got paired with Haziq. Our opponents were Luqman Nur, Aziz and Istighfar. It seemed that the odds were stacked against us. Luqman was a skilled player. Aziz was an awesome 3-pointer scorer and Istighfar was quick and huge. But hey, we didnt care.
Somehow or rather, we were balanced in a way. Aziz's team dominated in numbers and brute force but me and Haziq were quick. I noticed that Haziq is getting better in basketball.. Kudos, brother!
Anyway, I couldnt believe myself, running rings around the opponent in the blazing sun. Unbelievably, the score was (6-4) to Aziz and the guys. Haziq and I werent so bad. After a short rest, we continued the game.
I gave it my all, zig-zagging around Luqman and Istighfar, then passing it to Haziq who seemed to be determined to win as well. In the end, the score was (9-9) ... game point. First to (10) would win.
So anyway, I was in the box with the ball. I slipped past Aziz. Istighfar was running to my right side, Luqman was running in front of me and Aziz was closing up my back exit. I couldnt escape and suddenly, Istighfar caught my foot and I mis-stepped on the ground, hurting my ankle. The game was paused..
Since it was clear that everyone was tired, we opted for a shoot-out. And you know what? I scored the winning point! Wooooooo! Haziq and I celebrated like we'd won the World Cup! Hahaha, the family name of 'Abdullah' is upholded!
All of us bought Bubble Tea, bade goodbye to Haziq and Istighfar after that. Luqman Nur and I went back to Aziz's house. We rested and took out our assesment books and stuff, intending to study. However, we got distracted. Instead, we played with Aziz's iPad and watched 'The Simpsons'. Ended up finishing some questions only.. Thanks to Aziz's Mum for the pizza. It was real nice of you :)
When we wanted to go home, Luqman Nur found out that his shoes were stolen. Sad, huh? So he borrowed Aziz's slippers. Who ever stole my friend's shoes, I hope you get whats coming to you..
So thats it then.. and tomorrow, my first day in school with long sleeves -____-
No comments:
Post a Comment