"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Impromptu

What might have seemed to have been a bad weekend, turned out otherwise. Besides the fact that Aziz went to Malaysia and Luqman Nur was nowhere to be found, I kinda found my way into a better spot.

It started out yesterday. It was right after the Friday prayers. I had gone to take my slippers, accepting the fact that I would have to go back home. But then, as I moved behind a pillar, I saw Haziq and his siblings. My hopes were undaunted then. I didnt expect Haziq to change the situation at all. Then, Mr Izzad approached us. Still, I didnt think anything would change. Excusing myself, I went upstairs and shelfed my physics workbook and rushed back downstairs.

Near the mosque, we talked about the day's activities. Haziq planned to go watch 'Shrek' in the cinemas. Mr Izzad and I supported the plan but at that time, I was short of cash so I cast a sullen face. However, Mr Izzad was kind enough to pay for the both of us.

When we reached Junction 8's GV, I opted to watch 'Prince of Persia' instead. In fact, it had only just started and I pleaded to watch it. Both of them agreed and we hurried inside. The moment we reached inside, I could hear the pounding of the sound system. We sat down and realised we didnt have anything to eat or drink. I didnt mind cause I was too eager to care.
The movie was awesome. Prince Dastan's agility and endurance in the movie was remarkable. And Princess Tamina was indeed.. stunning!

"Why cant you keep your eyes off me?" (Princess Tamina) ... Hahaha, its quite clear why, my darling. The cinematography was impressive. Their view of Persia and other cities such as Alamut was displayed in its grandess and I was blown away by its fight scenes. Epic.. O_o

Afterwards, Mr Izzad treated Haziq and I at KFC. I felt a bit shy since he kept on paying for us. But then, he didnt mind much. Aww, how lucky I am to have such a good peer in my life!

So anyway, the three of us went back to school to perform our 'Asr prayers. Following that, we trained for badminton. We didnt play for long. After playing, it was clear that we werent ready for the Inter-Madrasah Games at all. Any self-esteem I had that day ebbed away with the coming of dusk.

We did our Maghrib prayers and then we all went back home...

The next day, we met up again. This time, I invited Abdul Rahman Rahim (Aman) along. As planned yesterday evening, we were going to trek our way around MacRitchie Reservoir.

Everyone met up at school at about 9+ in the morning. Stocking up on drinks and tidbits, we started the long walk to MacRitchie. As soon as we arrived, we checked the map and charted our route. It was the LONGEST route around MacRitchie, measuring a distance of about 12km. Thats about 30 rounds on the track, with slopes and hills.

Firstly, we made our way up the pathway. It was supposed to be a 6km walk to the Treetop Pathway. It started out fine. Everyone was happy, laughing and joking.

Nearing the 2.5km, it started to get repetitive. All I kept seeing was the road and loads of trees. Haha, we just kept on walking and walking. When we did arrive at the Treetop Pathway, we were panting. The reason to this was that it kept on going uphill, steeper and steeper. And by the time we got up, each and everyone of us were sweating.

We rested at one of the shelters. That was where we made our next move. We had 3 choices. Either walk the remainder 6km back to the MacRitchie Reservoir Park OR take a U-turn and walk all the way back from our previous path OR we could make for another path which led to a bus stand. Unanimously, the vote to continue stood out so we packed and moved on.

On the way, we took our time and went up Jelutong Tower. It was quite high but it was worth it. All of us rested there and enjoyed the cool air. I even felt like sleeping then and there. Oh well..
Continued the rest of the journey. It was a forced march since everyone's feet were sore and tired. Putting one leg in front of the other, we managed to finish the whole 12km. Whoa.. O_o

So, we all took a bus back to school and we rested in MPR3. I couldnt sleep so I watched 'Ironman 2' on Haziq's phone. It was cool and I missed watching it.. Took a bath and changed into a different shirt. We all did our Zuhr prayers, and then later, our 'Asr prayers.

We gave salaam to Mr Izzad and then, all 3 of us went to Junction 8 and had KFC. We were famished and we just had to eat. I went back home alone, enjoying the air-conditioning of the bus, listening to songs and drowning out my troubles...

No comments: