"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Survivors

Im fasting today. Which is going to seem irrelevant until the day continues.
Let me start off by saying what a wonderful day it is today. Well, the day started good. I watched Step Up 2 on my handphone in the morning. When it was time to assemble, there was only 7 people in class. I was astonished as to the near silence of the class. When assembly ended, the student leaders on duty returned to class. With an addition of 4 more classmates who were late, it seemed a bit more full. So it starts with 17 students from a total of 25 members.
Start of the day, delved into an Al-Quran quiz paper given by Ustd Ruzi. It was ok. Recess announced and I went to the canteen bringing a book named 'Myths & Legends' which I borrowed from Taufiq. There, I sat beside Luqman Nur with Luqman Hakim facing me. He offered me food which I denied. He thought I wasnt eating because Abdul Rahman Aziz didnt come so I revealed the fact that I was fasting. He kept on saying sorry after that. Went upstairs to continue reading. Recess ended with the beginning of Tafsir. Ustd Ruzi wanted us to memorise any texts or verses from our notes, page 17-20. I felt like reading a book in class was rude so I had to do justice before doing so. I memorised a page which took a rather short time. All just to read a book. And might I say, it had 298 pages and I had to finish it by today... AND I borrowed it just today too. Ustd Ruzi commented from afar what I was reading. Fine... I guess I'll memorise another page. And I did which took around 10min. Not so bad. Finally, I curled up in my corner and started reading. Malay lessons was next. At that time, one of "us" left... it was Hanafiah. He had to go home cause he had high temperatures. I changed today's board readings from 17 present to 16. "16 more...", said Taufiq. The whole class laughed. During Malay, we did our exercise books. Not too much info on that. Afterwards, it was Chemistry class. Today, we went to the lab. Did experiments on 'Covalent & Ionic Compunds'. I did very hard in trying as much as I could to help. And I did! One time, when I was using the sugar for mixing, I took a pinch of it... I forgot and when I finaly realised, I was so ashamed. Sigh... When Chemistry class ended, I did my Chemistry worksheet during Lunch. Then, there was Lughah class where, due to the shortage in numbers, we played games. '007Bang' and '123Boom!'. I had a blast playing. After Zuhr prayers, another of the brethren left. Umar had to go home cause I think he also had high temperatures. Then there were 15. Haha... it was so funny. Learned some Mathematical-type Faraidh with Ustd Mahzan. I understood a bit. Lastly, Tauhid class was relieved by Ustd Khalid. Maybe Ustzh Rabiah was sick. We had a fun time listening to Ustd Khalid's history speech about the Khalifahs.
So, I fear for tomorrow cause its my Maths test tomorrow. Also, please read Al-Fatihah for the mother of Hajar, whose mother died yesterday. May Allah s.w.t accept her. Oh and my neighbor's dog, Yuki, died a few days ago. The first dog I ever had a liking to has died.
Well, wish me luck for tomorrow's test.
Wassalam...

No comments: