"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Free Periods

Started the day with Nahu. Clueless but trying to understand. Sigh... Got a bit of what was taught. Spent my recess in the library reading about Winston Churchill. Ended recess and was supposed to have Malay classes when I was informed that Cikgu Iskandar was absent. So, I just talked with Taufiq, Bukhari and Abdul Rahman Abd Aziz. On came Mathematics were I learned about compound interest. Interesting...
An hour later, I had Physics classes. Again, another teacher was not present. It wasn't because Mdm Surianah was sick or anything, just that she was helping the "award-winners" rehearse for the Haflah, if Im not wrong. So, what was left of the class played word games... you know, guess what the person in front wrote. It was fun. I found out that guys were smarter than girls in general knowledge. I mean, who doesnt know Adolf Hitler??? Ok, fine... maybe they're not as interested as worldly events as guys but who cares. Had lunch but this time, I just sat outside in the corridors. English lesson but yet another teacher was absent. And yes, Ms Amnah was absent. About half an hour into the lesson, Cikgu Zainab entered and wanted to tell us a story. Ended halfway but I already knew the story. Told the others and then did some other meaningless stuff. Zuhr prayers. Did that and went back up to find Ustd Ruzi in class. Quran lesson, that was. Lastly, a serving of Nahu which made me tongue-twisted and mind-boggled as ever. Why didnt I concentrate when I was young?
On my way home from school, I saw that the sky was getting dark so I took Bus No. 13 and stopped at Bishan's Prime. To my delight, I met Abdul Aziz in his school uniform. Talked a bit and bade him goodbye, sending my good wishes to his family.
Today, I helped to stand up for the rights and justice of a fellow Muslim. My classmates will know though anyone not a classmate need not know of the worries of my class. And, I also sulked at the fact that the award winners were the same old faces. Ok, maybe the teachers think it will boost our morale by challenging one another... I dont think so. Its a bit demoralizing that the smarts get all the glory. Why cant we have awards for 'Best Neatly Dressed' or 'Most Punctual' or 'Best Conversatiionist'? These small things could make us lesser people feel like...
"Hey, I did do this. Im so glad that people recognised me" And it is these small things that can mean more. Its not always the smart and brilliant that get all the glory. Its those others behind the spotlight, those people dont look at. What people call... Hidden Talent...
Wassalam...

No comments: