Falling sick. A common ordeal in everyone's life. Sometimes it's merely a slight cold. Other times, it may even be life-threatening like strokes or cancer. Whatever the case, it's not unusual to anyone. However, common it may be, it still affects everyone in a sort of negative way..
So you can imagine just how terrible it is getting a fever just a day before my oral examinations. Not taking any chances, my parents took me to the doctor. Unfortunately, lots of other people were sick too so I had to wait. It was hell..
After taking some medication and getting as much sleep as possible, I woke up, feeling worse than before. My throat was even more sore and my nose ever more blocked. I was dreading the arabic oral. I barely had time to prepare since I needed the rest. Blocking all the bad thoughts, I left the house, unprepared and unsure of the day's happenings..
At school, all the S4's waited in the Auditorium. That was where the intensity level really reached its peak for me. I was fidgeting, sweating, sneezing, coughing. Truth be told, I shouldn't even have been there. Soon, my turn came and I confronted two female teachers. I had to read a confusing text and answer tricky questions for the conversation..
One thing that bothered me. Both of them gave me a quizzical look. Including their stares and such, my self-esteem broke then and there. As I left the class, I literally slapped myself on the head. Not only was I suffering, I had to go through the day like normal..
The next day, which is today, my hopes were lifted. Today, I had to sit for my Quran oral. Feeling more confident this time, I vowed to show yesterday's teachers what I was made of. My friends wished me luck and Bukhari even gave me a small hug. And just before going to the exam room, Shazaa went up the staircase, wishing me good luck too. I was pumped for the oral^^
However, as I got inside the class, there were two different teachers. This time, both of them were male. Feeling slightly more comfortable, I answered all the questions they asked me. I only made one mistake, and that was quite scary. Nevertheless, I was quite pleased with myself when it was all over. For the whole day, it seemed as if STE had ended. Wow, that would be nice..
So all in all, besides the fact that I am STILL sick, I can say that these past two days have been quite good. Tomorrow is a holiday, due to 'Teacher's Day' and on Friday, there's going to be an Iftar Jamaii' at Irsyad. And need I remind that this is the start of the last 10 days of Ramadhan so ibadah and good deeds are loved indeed :D
No comments:
Post a Comment