"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Monday, September 7, 2009

17th Ramadhan 09'

Helping out other people in good deeds is very much loved in the month of Ramadhan, dont you think? I agree. It seems just today that I helped a certain someone. At first I thought it was going to be a normal day. Just Mr Izzad and I, along with 6 classes worth of Primary 1 students. Well, it turns out that today, there was a kind of exam or test for the Primary 1's to categorise them into their classes. To my surprise, a lot of Secondary 3 students volunteered to help on that day, mostly girls. I was a bit shy at first, but soon found out that some other guys were there too... Well, the only guys I saw were Hafizuddeen, Helmi, Farid and Ali Imran.
Anyway, my job today was to help take pictures of kids for their Ez-link cards. It felt scary at first, knowing that what I took was gonna appear on the children's Ez-link card but Mr Izzad reassured me that it was gonna be fine. And anyhow, Mr Izzad was gonna be with me. I was using his camera too.
We started with P1 Fez. A lot of the kids werent wearing school clothes so Mr Izzad brought some spares from the office. The girls, the older S3 girls, helped to dress the kids. I was ok. Husnina and Syaira left their classes and helped Sakinah and Liyana with the children. It sounds easy, taking pictures... but it felt a lot harder than when I first heard. Click, click, click, tick. Over and over again. Soon, we finished up P1 Fez and headed for P1 ElVira. Same routine. However, this time, I had a commander instructing me what to do. No, not Mr Izzad. It was Nur. I found that she was kind and at the same time stern with the children, like some motherly kind of attitude. Whenever Mr Izzad and I were finishing on one class, Nur would call me and we would go to the next class. Kinda like I was a ship, Nur was the compass and the classes were my destinations. Everyone helped a lot and I was grateful.
Thank you to Husnina and Syaira, for helping during the first parts. Thank you to Nur, for helping out during the middle and end of it. And thank you to all the others for making things go as quick as possible. After finishing, Mr Izzad and I went to the office to give the forms, including the names of the children whose pictures were taken. We received something in return... I wont say what it is, but I feel grateful just to be able to help.
I returned home and did my Zuhr prayers and later, fell asleep on my bed from exhaustion. I woke up and did my Asar prayers. Then, I watched the movie 'Spectacular'.
Summarise the end parts... broke my fast, did Maghrib prayers, watched Avatar, did Isya' and Terawih prayers. Now writing this very entry and hoping that you might feel the fun I experienced today.
Wassalam...

No comments: