"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Making Myself Comfortable

It seems that life is getting a bit better.
Im getting used to the new Irsyad building. I know where most of the areas are. I know which place is most suitable for me to hang-out and just chill. I think that I know most of the school already. Anyway, Im here to write about today and yesterday's highlights. Let's start off with yesterday, shall we?
I arrived at school at about 6.40am. Ziyan and Hazwan arrived only a minute later. As they put down their bags, a small P1 boy approached and asked Ziyan what time we could go home. And so, Ziyan told him 4pm. He left, and so did Ziyan and Hazwan. Five minutes later, Abdul Rahman Aziz arrived, along with Adam and Faiz. Again, the boy approached and went to Adam. "Abang, bila nak balik? Sakit hati! Nak balik!", the boy said. Its malay for "Brother, when can we go home? My heart is broken! I wanna go home!". And so, Adam and Faiz tried to make the boy feel better. They told him to go play with his friends before leaving. And so, the boy left again, only to return to the same area. This time, he soughted help from me. Sigh...I did so. Abdul Rahman Aziz and I escorted him to the office whilst comforting him as he was crying. I asked where his class was. It was P1 Andalusia. There weren't much kids there so I tried to look for Ustd Mustaqim. Sis Nabilah and another Sis came and tried to tell the boy, whose name I found out was Ilham, as best they could. I explained to them why he was crying and they looked at Ilham with pity. Ustd Mustaqim saw Ilham crying and looked at me before giving me a thumbs-up. Haha...I was about to burst out in laughter when Ustd Dzarif arrived and talked to the boy. Both Abdul Rahman Aziz and I, along with the Sis, left Ilham to the care of Ustd Dzarif. It felt good to help someone, at least.
The second highlight of Tuesday was Physics class. I had a great time. Especially when Mdm Surianah asked how people measured the distance from the Sun to the Earth. Hafiz and Ziyan suggested the use of telescopes. That's when I stated the use of the speed of light. Hehe...Mdm Surianah smiled graciously at the answer. Felt good to be smiled at. Then, I toyed around with Mdm Surianah's computer mouse during break time when everyone was crowding around Msm Surianah. Scrolled the page up and down before Luqman Hakim noticed it and laughed. It was funny...=)
Well, that's Tuesday for me.
On Wednesday, however, I made history. During the first recess, I walked over casually to the mosque. I intended to go to the toilet. I did, of course but I took the opportunity to perform my Dhuha prayers. Woo Hoo!!! The first Irsyadian student to perform Dhuha at the new mosque. There an Ustd there whom I forgot his name. He didn't care. I mean, who would care if I made a prayer to Allah s.w.t.? I dont think anyone would bother not allowing someone to not perform ibadah. So anyway, I felt ecstatic and charged after my Dhuha.
In the morning, waved at Nur but Muhammad suggested winking. Hehe... New to me, I guess.
Soon afterwards, during one class where there wasnt a teacher, we banged tables again! Haha...I opted to Luqman Nur if we wanted to go to Expo and perform. Sec 3 Andalusia, the Musical, I suggested. It was really loud but funny at the same time.
Played Bottle-Cap throwing with Luqman Nur, yet again. Used the wink at Hijannah and returned a loud 'hello' from Shazaa. Sigh...
I think I can get used to the new Irsyad building...=)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you did. I didn't notice that. Cheeky. :D