"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fleeting Moments

My feelings have gone up and down today. Lotsa stuff happened. Lotsa drama. Lotsa stuff to write down. I'll start off from the beginning, shall I?
Ok, first... umm, was it morning? Well, nothing much happened. My friends and I sat at the void deck and just talked till a bell ring signalled assembly time. Afterwards, I went to class and went through my Tafsir and Hadith exam papers, along with our (my class) results from our Al-Quran oral. I got highest! Alhamdulillah... First up of the day. Then, we played and talked and had fun with Ustd Ruzi around. Well, it was harmless. Just played 'UNO' and occassionally read a book or just talked.
During what should have been Chemistry class, Mr Muneer was going through with Group B's Chemistry exam papers. So, Muhammad and I went to the 7th storey and asked for Mdm Surianah to go through our Physics exam paper. She arrived about half an hour later cause she had a class with Sec4 Bukhara. A huge downturn for me. As soon as I got my Physics exam paper, my jaw literally dropped. I... well, to put it nicely, didnt meet the passing point. Just 2 and a half more. Sigh... most of the class got 50%-60% average. Even Hafizuddeen got 55% and Luqman Hakim 61%. Soon afterwards, the air was full of tension. I got the usual quote:"Failure now but succees later". Sigh... Lunch after that and then had Lughah classes. I was so happy to see Ustd Salehin. He's one of my favourite teachers. Anyway, got... hmm... oh yeah, 76%. Its ok. Ustd Salehin asked me to collect and arrange the papers. Too happy to oblige.
We also discussed our shifts for Sec3 Andalus' Games stall for next week. Im gonna be at the 'Bottle-cap Frenzy' with none other than Luqman Nur and later at the 'Bulls-eye Pop' with trusty Abdul Rahman Abd Aziz. Got out a bit of my "leader" feeling. Played some more 'UNO'. Had a blast while Kak Fatimah relieved for our class, considering she was once one of us. Irsyadian, I mean. Nearing the end of the day, I read the book I brought 'The Empire of Darkness' outside. Seeing that my class was so noisy having fun inside, I succumbed to the peace outside. The cool breeze. The silence surrounding me. The world passing by me. The book was so awesome. Its about Egypt, by the way. Thinking of entering the Science Centre 'Buckers Competition'. I'll think about it, maybe ask Mr Roslan about it. I'll think about it...
Stayed behind at school to do my Asar prayers. Whilst alone at the mosque, I saw the "smart girls" group walk past by. Smiled at Aisyah Said, who saw me at the time. Got to smile at Nur and Aishah-tul Firdaus too. No bad intention or anything. I dunno why... being in an all-boy class, that when I see a girl, its like I've met them for the first time. Weird. Also lent some money to friends. Salaam-ed some others. At home, danced to the beat of 'Step Up 2'. Later, heard the call of Allah s.w.t and answered it and prayed. And later, remembered the reality of the world, hoping that one day... this one insignificant individual could change it for the better...
Wassalam...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. Its simple. But your words has successfully, mesmerized me. ;)

to abdullah,
life is an ongoing journey.
you may not do well now, but you shall and you will, insyaallah, in the near future.

SO..Never give up ok!
keep moving forward, even if its just a small step. =D

(kak fatimah)