"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sincerity

I dont like Malaysia. I dont like going there. I dont like a country of Malays. Thats what I thought upon coming to Johor. As usual, went to Woodlands checkpoint, crossed the bridge, then to Malaysia's checkpoint. Got to see the new one. It cheered me up a bit. Took a bus to Larkin (Is that how its spelled?) and then checked out the shops there. My Cousin Ya'kob took us and went to their kampung house. The reason we went there was cause they were moving. The government wanted to us their land and their neighbours' to make a bigger highway and so were given 2 homes in a Malaysian type flat. I did the azan for both the houses. Hehe, felt good. The first day, we just packed everything in the house. We slept there. I had an asthma attack. Luckily, Cousin Ya'kob was also asthmatic and he had one inhaler. I didnt bring mine. I felt bad that I couldnt help much so I just went to bed. The next day, a huge truck parked itself outside. It was gonna bring the furniture to the houses. Well, one of them, that is. Cousin Ya'kob had some of his friends at work to help. Suddenly, the moment came to help. As soon as the will to help came, my breathing cleared and I felt strength surge thoughout my body. I helped carry a lot of things. Ok probably dont seem like much bit its uphill from the house to the truck.
By the end of the day, I was tired but still eager to help. We all had dinner at the kampung house for the last time and then left for the house at Pulai, my Cousin Yanie's house. Its a private bungalow house. It was nice. And soon... zzz
Third and last day. Cousin Yanie, Cousin Ya'kob and I went back to the kampung house to take the huge stuff. The trick came again but this time, the furniture were brought to the house at Pulai. Yesterday, we took the furniture to the flat house. There, I did my last prayers there. My Dhuha prayers. It felt sad parting with the house cause I've been there since I was small. After we arrived at the house at Pulai, the driver asked me to climb up the truck to give the stuff to the people below. I was ecstatic. I got to go on the truck! Hehe... helped and soon, cleaned up. Everyone sat down and Cousin Yanti thanked me for helping... so did the others. It so happens that whenever I helped, I lost me weaknesses. Praise be to Allah. My Mother told me, "A sincere heart is a strong one..." And I left for Singapore liking Malaysia. Haha... what a turn of events!!!

No comments: