"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you..."

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My 14th Birthday

Well whatdya know? Im 14. Seems just like yesterday I learned to walk and read and write. Where has the time gone? Was I in bliss? I dont think so. As I was saying, my 14th birthday. It wasnt supposed to be grand and all. The day before my birthday, my Mother bought me an advanced gift. A pair of shoes. Later, when my Father returned from work, he got me a Hayrer branded bag, just like my old one. I was elated by both gifts. The next day, I didnt do much. I went to perform my Friday prayers. I met up with Aziz and when we finished praying, we met up with Haziq and Fadil at the entrance. Fadil was staying with his grandmother so he came to An-Nadhah, along with Haziq. What lifted my spirits was that they remembered my birthday. That touched me. We spent an hour at the arcade before making a decision to go to Aziz's house. It was great.
The next day, my cousins came to my house and started a party, owing to the need to celebrate my growth of age. I had a cake and all. It was amazing. Unfortunately, my Father worked late so he couldnt join in.
You could say I had a great birthday. I like to think that it was. Anyway, it doesnt take a year to have a party to celebrate your birthday. I like to think that everyday is a day to be grateful about. Allah s.w.t has given us another chance to live and make good use of the day. Thats what you should never forget. Appreciate life. You never know when it will be taken.
I realised this when I unfortunately broke me left wrist. When I was doing something..you know..dangerous. At that time, the sky was dark. My heart felt something bad was gonna happen but I ignored the feeling. I finally realised it when the bad thing happened. Sigh... I thank Allah s.w.t for relieving me to my senses.

No comments: